151. Loneliness is a feeling where people experience a powerful _____ of emptiness and solitude(孤獨).
A. trend B. dash C. crash D. rush
152. Tony _____ the invitation, otherwise he would have attended your birthday party.
A. couldn’t have received B. mustn’t have received
C. needn’t have received D. shouldn’t have received
153. -- Is this the first time you _____ Shanghai?
-- No. But the first time I _____ here, the city wasn’t so beautiful.
A. visit; came B. have visited; came
C. have visited; have come D. visit; have come
154. _____ a scenic spot worth _____, Hangzhou, a friendly city, attracts many visitors from all over the world.
A. Considering; visiting B. Considering; being visited
C. Considered; visiting D. Considered; visited
155. -- I’m sorry. Jack, please don’t _____.
-- I had a little accident with the car, but it wasn’t my fault.
A. be on cloud nine B. be down in the dumps
C. promise me the moon D. fly off the handle
156. Focus on what you are supposed to do every day and you _____ gradual progress.
A. make B. will make C. made D. would make
157. -- It’s amazing that Beijing and Zhangjiakou have won the bid for the 2022 Winter Olympics!
-- Sure it is! The government _____ have made great efforts!
A. could B. should C. might D. must
158. The band, _____ members are all over 70, is currently on tour all over country.
A. whose B. who C. which D. what
159. The hikers made marks on the way _____ they wouldn’t get lost in the mountain.
A. as if B. so that C. even though D. in case
160. When I asked if _____ would help me, Tony was the first to volunteer.
A. everyone B. none C. anyone D. all
161. -- Did you watch the live broadcast of China’s military parade on September, 3rd?
-- It’s a pity that I missed it. I _____ to New York then.
A. would fly B. flew C. was flying D. have flown
162. Some experts believe _____ our personalities are largely determined by genetic factors.
A. that B. whether C. what D. how
163. _____ ups and downs in the past four years, Bob finally succeeded in extending his business overseas.
A. Experienced B. To experience
C. Having experienced D. Experiencing
164. Jack is sort of nervous as his examination results _____ to his parents in three days.
A. were sent B. are sent C. have been sent D. will be sent
165. If you had told me in advance, I _____ him at the airport.
A. will meet B. would meet C. will have met D. would have met
166. At the bad news, the woman put her hands _____ her eyes and cried out.
A. across B. over C. above D. between
167. Winter _____, but children can’t wait to go skiing.
A. won’t arrive B. didn’t arrive C. hadn’t arrived D. hasn’t arrived
168. Washing hands thoroughly is one of the effective ways to avoid _____ by virus.
A. being infected B. infecting C. to be infected D. to infect
169. Career advisors often suggest people find a job _____ they can get a sense of achievement.
A. that B. what C. where D. which
170. _____ something unexpected happens, I will meet you at the school gate tomorrow morning.
A. When B. Unless C. Since D. If
171. It’ll do harm to you to lie in bed _____.
A. read B. and reading C. to read D. reading
172. I didn’t do very well in the exam, and so I’m afraid of _____.
A. scolding B. to be scolded C. being scolded D. scolded
173. -- Did you reach the top of the mountain?
-- Yes. Even I myself didn’t believe I could _____ it.
A. work B. climb C. get D. make
174. Barack Obama was very happy when many supporters voted _____ him.
A. on B. for C. against D. at
175. They found the remains of buildings _____ under the sand, together with a lot of treasures.
A. being buried B. buried C. to be buried D. burying
176. _____ catch the first train, he asks his mother to awake him up in the morning.
A. So as to B. In order to C. So that D. In order that
177. He was a good student and scored(得分) _____ average in most subjects.
A. below B. of C. on D. above
178. -- Hi, John! Haven’t you heard Peter was elected president?
-- _____? He is a boring man and doesn’t care about others.
A. What if B. What’s for C. What’s up D. So what
179. Our school appeals to the students to _____ at least an hour every day to take exercise in order to raise learning efficiency.
A.set aside B.pick out C.take up D.keep back
180. Lisa made a(n) _____ to help her husband with the problem, but failed in the end.
A. promise B. response C. decision D. attempt
181. The traffic accident _____all his life. After that he was limited to a wheelchair.
A. damaged B. destroyed C. harmed D. ruined
182. Americans and Canadians can understand each other _____ they don’t speak the same kind of English.
A. now that B. even if C. as if D. only if
183. _____ more effectively with others, more and more people equip themselves with a higher education.
A. Compete B. To compete C. Being competed D. Competing
184. He accidentally _____ that he had quarreled with his wife and that he hadn’t been home for a couple of weeks.
A. let out B. took care C. made sure D. made out
185. We firmly believe that war never settles anything. It only _____ violence.
A. runs into B. comes from C. leads to D. results from
186. --- When on earth will the bus come? We have been waiting here for what seemed long ages.
--- Look! _____.
A. There comes the bus B. There is the bus coming
C. There the bus comes D. There is coming the bus
187. Was it in the store _____ you bought the watch _____ you lost your wallet?
A. that; that B. where; where C. that; where D. where; that
188. Though great efforts have been _____ on her study, Annie can’t still make any improvements, which makes her parents greatly _____.
A. made; surprised B. done; surprising
C. taken; surprised D. given; surprising
189. The population of the city _____ from less than half a million in 1949 to over two million.
A. have increased B. has increased C. have improved D. has improved
190. Feathers fall to the ground slowly, _____ stones fall much faster.
A. but B. however C. while D. yet
191. —I can’t find my CDs.
—_____ you put them in that bag.
A. Must B. May be C. Maybe D. May